St. Augustine CHS STEM Focused Laptop Program is an inter-disciplinary approach to inquiry and problem based learning that uses real world challenges and the engineering design process to foster critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication within the traditional principles of Catholic social teachings.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Recognizing connections and interdependencies
- Inquiry and project based learning
- Exploratory questioning, analyzing, synthesizing
Creativity and Innovation
- Creative thinking to generate innovative strategies
- Multiple learning platforms: (GAFE) Google Apps For Education, D2L, etc.
- Introduction to Robotics and Programming
- Working in real-time
- Collaborating on activities online using GAFE
- Digital Citizenship
- Individual access to technology during class time